Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, January 12, 2013

In God's loving eyes

Know the true nature of your Beloved
In His loving eyes your every thought

word, and movement is always, always
beautiful
                                        Hafiz




I have critical eyes
it is not so much that they are critical of others

I often am unhappy
very with what I
see in that 
damnable mirror

sometimes it seems
like every little flaw
leaps out at me
becoming
alas
my point of focus
and all I can see
 
but what a waste of energy
it can be
to look in that mirror
judging
adjusting
seeking to hide
or compensate
or deny
 
I am who I am
You are who you are
 
and if we can 
in this moment 
celebrate who we are
in God's eyes
if we can see ourselves
 
as those in the image of the sacred
as those who carry the diving in us
as those who are
the children of God
 
if we can see ourselves
and in each moment
just be
that person
that created to be
one
 
joy

No comments:

Post a Comment