Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, December 10, 2013

discontent

Comfort becomes uncomfortable
                                Shane Claibourne

___________________________________

I am comfortable
Mostly

I have a good job
Good income
And I live in a place most people would kill to live in

I have a great wife
Good cats J if that is possible
Wonderful horses
Great people to work with

I have been
Variously
A minister
Fundraiser
Grant writer
Disaster relief worker
Counselor
Administrator

There is discontent that is not divine
My “not enough” thinking
And then
There is discontent
That is divine

My anger over our failure as a nation to take care of the poor
And the people with mental illness

There is my disgust over those who would shoot down drones
And those who worship guns
And an amendment they do not even understand

Ok ok
I am uncomfortable
And frankly

That is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment