Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, December 28, 2013

Judging the judgers - a dilemna

Today Lord
I am so angry at “them”

“They” just don’t seem to get you God
they don’t seem to get your love
your acceptance

they don’t seem to “get” compassion
and generosity
and don’t seem to understand
that they have lost those things

as they have become bogged down
in the swamp of ideology
and have worship the gods of power and wealth

really Lord,
really
they……….

what’s that?
what’s that Lord…….?

what do you mean listen to myself?
why, why…..
the Pope agrees with me
and so many others………..

ah
listen to me!

I am judging them for judging
I am being angry too
I am, perhaps, immersed in my own ideology

Sigh

Its not easy is it Lord,
your way……

a little help?

teach me lord
to see the sacred in all
teach me
to honor the good in even those I disagree with
teach me
to realize it is not simple
teach me to use loving speech

deliver me Lord
from all that is in me
that would judge and divide

No comments:

Post a Comment