Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, May 10, 2014

Finding Meaning - the four energies

The four energies that get us going, four signals from our souls that can guide us through life:
1.  Blissed:  What brings us alive, blisses us out, gives us energy
2.  Blessed.  Those times when someone see something in you, believes in you and encourages you.
3.  Dissed:  Really a better word is wounded.  What has wounded us that still affects us.  We can follow
      our wounds as well as our bliss
4.  Pissed:  Righteous indignation.  What we think needs to be changed in the world.

We can be driven into positive movement by both the positive and the negative.  It is easy to see how the positive moves us into to positive action, but we can also learn to take negatives and turn them into positive action.

Compliments of Bill O’Hanlon
____________________________________________

I thought about this yesterday and decided to think about these four things in my life.

1.  What brings me alive is reading, and getting ideas, insights, and then writing about them
2.  Blessed…. Hmmmm.   This may be a missing component in my life.  I am not sure I have ever had “that person” who believed in me and encouraged me forward. 
3.  Dissed:  We all have wounds.  I struggle with this one as well.  I have had some really dark moments in my life.  A lost job/career.  Lost love.  There have been many times when I could have given up and I haven't.  But for the most part I am not sure I have “followed my wounds” to anything new.  Maybe I am a slow learner.
4.  Pissed:  Ah! This is the one that touched something deeper in me!

I get pissed off by the backward view of God that is being pushed at us by preachers and politicians.
And
I get pissed off by how many people have been taught to loath themselves

And thus, out of this little time of reflection, I have decided

1.  I need, in the next five years, to make it so my life involves reading (and hiking and other good things) and writing.  I want to be a writer.

2.  I want to introduce people to a God who is love, and who loves them, and is present with them and for them.

3.  I want to help people to find their true self, the self the Sacred created them to be, and to give those who have lost their voice, their voice back.

So……

Think about those four things.  What is your bliss?  How have you been blessed?  How have you been dissed?  What pisses you off?  Somewhere in there you may find something that resonates and helps you find your focus, your meaning!  

No comments:

Post a Comment