Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What the hell......??!!??

Never invoke the gods unless you really want them to appear. It annoys them very much.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

-----------------------------------------------------------

the Sacred One can be so inconvenient
it seems he wants to turn the world upside down
it seems he wants to turn me upside down

now what is it about that?

it is so wonderful to be right
It is so amazing to be “a winner” in life

this game we play of domination
is so convenient
if you are in power
if you have money
if you have position
if you can present yourself as righteous and holy

but it is not so convenient…
for the poor
those afflicted by mental illness
for immigrants
or minorities
or even many women

and when domination is flaunted by those in the government
and when domination is embraced by those who would call themselves ‘christian’
the insult to Christ is magnified

Christ calls us to union with God
Christ calls us into communion with one another

Christ’s way is about giving, forgiving
Christ’s way is about serving

He showed us the way
there in the dirt
washing feet

I’d like to see a congressman
In the dirt
washing feet

Hell, I’d settle for a little compassion

I’d like to see the CEO who makes $10,000 an hour
washing the feet of that worker who makes $7 some an hour

Hell, I’d settle for a little equality

even a little
how about $15 an hour
I know, I know, the “job creator” would make only $9,990 an hour
but I am sure such a sacrifice would be acceptable to the Beloved

I can’t even escape the revolution myself
there are so many ways in which my life needs to be turned
upside down

the reality is Jesus looks on
and says
as the legislators legislate their version of morality
as the choirs sing
and the preachers preach
and the righteous strut

what the hell!

so many say
“come Lord Jesus”
do they really want that?
Really?

1 comment:

  1. My heart hears the song of your heart, and joins the sacred dance.

    ReplyDelete