Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, May 5, 2014

There are people everywhere

The small man
Builds cages
For everyone
He
Knows
While the sage,
Who has to duck his head
When the moon is low,
Keeps dropping keys all night long
For the
Beautiful
Rowdy
Prisoners.
Hafiz

________________________________

Ah Sacred One,
there are people everywhere
scattered in my path
so thickly that I cannot help
but stumble across them
awkwardly
making my way forward

from this one to that one
from that one to this one

why are they there?

the beautiful ones
the struggling ones
the joyful ones
the sad and angry ones?

why are they there?

is it just a cosmic accident
or have they be place on my path for some purpose?

do they need something from me?
or do I need something from them?

I guess I do not really need to know
for what I do know
I have known for all my life
for what I do know
has been known for all eternity

each person is mine to love
to reassure
to empower

all I need to do
this day
every day
is treat each person as a bearer of the sacred
as one who carries deep within them
Your presence My Beloved

and with the keys of compassion
and grace
acceptance and respect

help them soar

this is not an easy task
for one who would build cages
out of need and fear

but still it is my task
and this day
this day

I will seek to walk carefully
Listen deeply
Speak grace-fully

I could use a little help!

No comments:

Post a Comment