Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, December 22, 2014

I wished I liked my ugly face

sometimes
people put a mirror up in front of you

it’s a funny mirror
that shows part of you with clarity
and other parts?

perhaps not so accurate after all

ah, but how to sort it out?

I have plenty of faults
God help me

but to be seen as
inattentive
or worse intrusive
jumping in

being essentially an ass

ouch

especially when you know at least to some degree it is true
perhaps has always been true
as a person who gets so busy in his own head
that there is that disconnect between what is going on in
my rapid fire brain, and what is going on in the rest of the room

when the person who holds the mirror
is someone you respect
and hoped respected you……

well
it’s a tough way to wander into a day
where there is a new sensitivity
hopefully
to others
a new way of wanting to be 
a lesson learned from illness

so
 now
the question rises slowly to the mind

can I change, really
and if I can
will I be allowed to change
or will I always be interpreted the way
well earned over the years
as one wrapped up in his own spinning brain

time to talk a little walk
left foot
right foot
left foot
 breathe

and know all one can do is
do one’s best to learn the lessons that comes one’s way
and live them out

and hope
it makes a difference

the choice emerges for me between
a tolerated, and mostly effective person
who wanders through life as a hit and run driver
 mostly alone

or between being a person who lives
mindfully
listens mindfully
accepts, mindfully

and no matter how others perceptions change
or fail to change
takes one faltering
but mindful step
at a time
and seeks to find
communion

No comments:

Post a Comment