Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, December 13, 2014

lots of "little God love"..... its still God's BIG love

“I smiled back at her. I thought such awful thoughts that I cannot even say them out loud because they would make Jesus want to drink gin straight out of the cat dish.”
― Anne Lamott, Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith

"I thought about my almost un functioning body, thete came such awful thoughts I scant even say them for they would want to make Jesus drink jack Daniels out of a horse waterer, the refillable kind

________________________________

Let me start with honesty. I am a lousy patient under the best of circumstances.  But two hospitalizations in three weeks. Way over the top.

One planned.  One not, a flare up of a type of arthritis.  Where fluid and pain in my knees left me virtually unable to walk or even lift my legs under their own power.  Short story.  Days of being able to do almost nothing for my self
including adjust my position in bed.

Now we have a diagnosis and I think a way to manage.   But there were moments when
the Sacred was the object of some pretty pointed comments.  But then......

But then My sister reminded me this was how it was for my beloved bother in law with Lou Gehrigs.  She said it not to put things in persepctive, for it was her own remembrance
 It was not a reprimand just a comment that opened my eyes
open them it did.

Then I started to see different things. I saw those who called. Sent flowers, prayed, ran meetings

Then it got more basic. I could breath,  see, type, talk, breathe, smile, joke, even pee :)
i could stagger albeit slowly across the room.
I could type half a sentence before I feel alseep

I could with all the errors almost understand
what it was I wrote before I feel aslweep

I had the mountains out my window.

Had what's left of my mind

I thought of so many gifts, little and small

And my thoughts were no longer horrible.  I realized the many ways big but mostly small divine love touches my life

And I think that now Jesus might want to get out a flute
And toast our love with the best champagne

Here's to love Stephen Paul
Here is to my love of you
and your love for me!

Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment