Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Christmas Story, is our story, every day of the year

 Stories of God
Stories of Jesus
So many stories
of creation
and history
of events mundane
and miraculous

but stories are never just stories
those stories are my story
and yours too

lets take Christmas (seems appropriate)
a story of longing, of wanting a better place for my children, and grandchildren
yes, that is me
that is my story
I long for the rule of love, I really do

a story of waiting
and waiting
and waiting
for people of money and power to stop lying
stop hording, stop being unjust
still waiting

a story of hope
a hope that the Sacred one loves me enough
and you enough
and my young facebook friend in Pakistan enough
to arrive

a story of arrival
of the Sacred One
showing up
again and again and again an again
in all kinds of places, all kinds of way, most of them unexpected
God ADVENTING, Yes God!  Yes!  Welcome!

A story of worship
of putting all I have on the line
not in fear (turn or burn)
but in love
prostrating myself before the one whom has arrived
saying “thank God you are here!”  Or rather, “thank you God, you are here”
and letting my all flow into the all that is the Sacred One

A story of joy
A story of having found the presence
Experienced the union
And going on my way…. Rejoicing

The story
Told over and over and over again
Is always fresh
Always real
Every day of our lives!!!!

Its just nice to remember it once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment