Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, February 13, 2015

In Remembrance


 I trod the frozen ground
and watch as primary colors
dance in the early dawn
blue sky and yellow sun
and reflected glory on the clouds
brilliant orange
filling the skyline with fire

as I watch this grandeur
there is touch of emptiness
as I remember a daughter of the Sacred
now gone

I will miss my friend
her throaty chuckle
her Sunday morning hugs
her calm presence
and the way she practiced heaven in her living

but mixed into the sadness
is also joy
as the colors of the morning sky remind me
of her flowers
and her love
lavishly given

and I rejoice
that this daughter of the sacred
has now gone from communion with the Sacred
to union

and though gone
is more alive than ever

I wonder if there are flower beds in heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment