Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, February 22, 2015

Presence Required

“Though I play at the edges of knowing,
truly I know
our part is not knowing,
but looking, and touching, and loving”
― Mary Oliver, Why I Wake Early
____________________________________

I think I think too much
my wanton brain is never quiet
but drones incessantly
pulling me not into the world
but from the world

of looking and touching
of loving

it robs me of presence

except for those rare moments
as when a baby with a silly grin
and a toddler with irrepressible energy

pull me into the world
again

and my presence is required

No comments:

Post a Comment