Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, May 16, 2015

How do we open our hearts, ever?

How
Did the rose
Ever open its heart

And give to this world
All its
Beauty?

It felt the encouragement of light
Against its
Being

Otherwise
We all remain

Too

Frightened  
        Hafiz
____________________

I sit in my study
the morning is dark
as clouds loom
and the green of the grass
glows eerily in the half light

I sit,
minister
therapist

one whom
many feel (including myself in my more foolish moments)
should have it all
figured
out

but I don’t have it all figured out
I am always in the process of figuring it out
I am always just hanging on
by the very tips of my fingers
hoping against hope
that I will not lose grip
and crash
into some abyss

sometimes it feels as if this should mean
that I should not
be trying to guide others
down a path to wellness

or standing in the “high place”
talking about spiritual things

how presumptuous
how dare I!

but then I realize we are all just hanging on
by our fingertips

Jesus had the temptations
and then
Gethsemane

Peter was not much of a “rock”
Paul had a thorn in the flesh…..
and would cry out 
“wretched man that I am, who shall rescue me”…

let’s just say
I have my
Moments

wounded
are we all

not broken
not destroyed
just people in the process of figuring it out
making mistakes along the way
and then,
in the Sacred’s grace full presence

taking one more step
and then another
and another

moving toward the light
hoping to bloom
and give the world
all
our
beauty
or a least a brief glimpse

(so the minister sits in his study
and begins
to
write)

No comments:

Post a Comment