Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, May 24, 2015

This is all I know

“The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

____________________________________________

prayer
such an odd thing
sometimes like talking to a wall
at other times
there is that sense
sometimes vague
sometimes intense

that a connection has been made

to what?
to whom?
God only knows!

it raises the question doesn’t it?
is there someone out there?
up there?

I think a lot about these things

and I have decided that for all
my education and training
I know very little

except this

God is not out there
Up there

The Sacred dwells
inside me
it roams the corridors of my mind
looking for a chance encounter

with me

and when we meet
magic
grace
call it what you will

when we meet I am changed
and when I am changed
my world is changed

all
is
changed

and grace
becomes
a
lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment