Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, May 29, 2015

Quit thinking, start living

“Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.”
― Kahlil Gibran
__________________________

I have a room of books
about God
and faith

theology
philosophy
psychology

I have more degrees that is practical

and yet

none of that taught me
how to love
or be a friend
how to care
and listen
how to have compassion
or be generous

things I struggle with (if I am honest.
I had an uncomfortable walk with myself this morning)

And the books
and the study
did not bring me close to the Sacred

but
the sun on the mountain
and calves, playing tag in the pasture
the nuzzle of a horse
and the lick of Tess the cat

the sight of a ground squirrel
scurrying, with its baby in its mouth

ah, those are the things that touch my soul

it is the experience of the Sacred
it is the glimpse of the Sacred
in all these things

that lead me forward
through the dryness
to the verdant place
the oasis
of
Sacred love

No comments:

Post a Comment