Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, October 22, 2015

It is all about "we"

I think this is why we at House for All Sinners and Saints sometimes say we are religious but not spiritual.  Spiritual feels individualistic and escapist... but to be religious is to be human in the midst of other humans who are as equally messed up and obnoxious and forgiven as ourselves.
                                                                                                     Nadia Bolz-Webber, Accidental Saints
___________________________________________________________________________

I am spiritual
and my faith is all about me
me
me
me

God and I
we are like “this”

and my faith is all about
my feeling OK
and my getting to heaven
and…..

hell no

faith is all about the kingdom
it is all about ushering in
justice
equality
forgiveness
reconciliation

we need each other
we need
communion
community

for faith is ultimately
all about
"we"

we are all in this together
and we all need to get home
together

No comments:

Post a Comment