Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, November 11, 2015

let life live through you

Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?
                                                                                                                   ~Rumi
__________________________________________________________

morning comes
again

another day
another sunrise
a lot of sameness

the same view
the same walk

in spite of the beauty
and wonder
there comes a stolid consistency

there is a safety in this sameness
a sort of comfort
but also a sort of closure

life becomes edited
so that I cannot see
the fresh
the different
I cannot be lifted into God’s new thing

hindered as I am
by that which now grips
and burdens

made up of all that I cling to
old ideas
priorities
rules

I do not want change and so,
no matter how dry I become,
I trudge on
afraid to change
fearful of opening myself

to life
to that which comes my way

and yet
there is an “inner well of longing” (O’Donohue)
an infinite inner opening
from which flows

wonder

a wild rush
which turns me upside down
inside out

and which
truth be told
I fear

until I catch a glimpse
of what is
to come

until I see the sunlight afresh on the mountain
and feel the joy
of a fresh start
as old roles and titles
fade away

as new dreams emerge
and love beckons
and hope rises

and I wonder
why I was so blind
and
so
afraid

No comments:

Post a Comment