Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Stayin' Alive

Many years ago an old priest invited Barbara Brown Taylor to speak at his church.  She asked him what she should speak about, and he said simply “Come tells us what is saving your life now”
________________________________________

what is saving my life?

what gets me up in the morning?
what drives me to walk 10,000 steps?
what motivates me to write this blog?
what prompts me to walk out the door and head to work?

but mostly
what is saving my life?

why am I still here?
why has my soul not “left the building”

it is my experience
that Sacred is in all things
and all things participate in the Sacred

that God
is all in all
woven into the fabric of my being
woven into the fabric of the universe

God is in my mountain
In the trees
In the wind
In the sun on the snow
In my children and grandchildren
In all those I love

God is in those impacted by mental illness
and addiction
God is in the horrible traveler on the plane
Who almost (almost) makes me forget divine presence

God is in Hilary, and Jeb, and Rubio, and Bernie
And yes, even in Donald

God is
in me
and that is what keeps me
alive

No comments:

Post a Comment