Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Beginners

“Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.”
               Meister Eckhart
__________________________________________

Really!?
Do I have to start over each day?
Isn’t once a year enough?
And I did that yesterday!  Really!

Alas,
We must always be dying and being born
We must always be letting go, and starting fresh

It is amazing how much stuff sticks to us
Like hay and branches and dog hair
On my beloved fleece coats and pants

We drag stuff along with with
Unnoticed
And unwanted

We need constantly
To de-fuse
With things unseemly
Unhelpful

Thoughts
Beliefs
Habits
Actions

Impermanence is not a bad thing
It is a gift
Our shifting world
Our psyche which reinvents itself moment by moment

Give us opportunities
To be reborn
To grab hold of what is new
And start again

2017 is gone
Yes there is residue
And gooey gross stuff we must still deal with
But it is gone
As is January 1, 2018

Today is today
And this day I will notice my thoughts
And accept the way I feel
And choose to do what I care about

Happy Dog is a lucky boy, he will get a walk
Bill the cat will watch as I go through a book on therapy
My cooking cupboard has already been cleaned

The next moment calls
And I will choose to do one thing that moves me toward what I value
Love, caring, compassion, generosity

And then that done, I will choose the next right thing

And so Sacred and I will stumble forward
Toward what is next

(and there is always a next)

No comments:

Post a Comment