Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, January 23, 2018

But, I can pray

“Don't try to win over the haters; you are not a jackass whisperer.”
                             Scott Stratten
______________________________

It is hard to stand there
When people say outrageous tings

It is hard to keep quiet when people repeat things
That simply are not true
About people different from them

It it painful to see hate, and greed
And yes, racism

Unfold

Touching lives, scarring lives
Sometimes destroying lives

As for myself, I want to brilliantly present the case
For love
So powerfully that the anger is calm
The hate extinguished

But I am not a jackass whisper
I cannot change people from the inside out

Only the one who let hate and greed kill him
And yet conquered can do that.

It is not my place to argue or cajole

But I can pray
Persistently
And I can love
The person in front of me

I cannot win over the haters
And enlighten those who will not see

Otherwise I merely become what I resist

I can only live a life of love
And seek to overcome evil with good

And believe, that will be enough


No comments:

Post a Comment