Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, January 30, 2018

somethings have to be believed

“Some things have to be believed to be seen.”
― Madeleine L'Engle

________________________________________

I have to admit
If I am very honest with myself

That sometimes I am a little short on hope

I wandered through some evaluations tonight on line
of classes taught
most were good
but one person said I was horrible
boring, ineffective the worst

I feel that way sometimes
It is my greatest fear

And the older I get the worse it gets
You would think it would be different
That after all these years I would feel secure in confident
In years of success

But no

And then there is the news
There is always the news
Government shut downs
Lies and more lies from those who would lead us
Wild weather
Cruel people

And then there is just life
Aging body
And mind that no longer really works the way it did
Tiredness
Pain

I see no reason for hope
I can see no way
We will pull into being the Kingdom of God
No way to heal the earth
No way to pull together a radically divided people
No way
No way
No way

But I believe
And so I see the goodness in the hearts of people
I see the beauty and resilience of the earth
I see that I might still be of some good to someone
I see that perhaps I will learn to be a good dad
And a doting grandfather

I see God’s love
I see the Kingdom coming


Some things have to be believed to be seen

No comments:

Post a Comment