Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, January 11, 2018

The importance of values

The value of a human being can be measured by what he or she most deeply wants
Be free of possessing things
Sit at an empty table
Be pleased with water, the taste of being at home
                                           Rumi
__________________________________________

What do we live for?
What do we live towards?

For Finn, the dog
Life is easy
Food, walk, ball, stick

He lives to run, to chew sticks, to eat
And to love and be loved

Not bad if you think about it?!

What do I live towards?
What do I most deeply want?
Money
Power
Love
Acclaim
Respect

It makes a difference
What it really value determines everything

How I spend my time
How I see people
How I treat people
What produce comes from the tree of this life

Our values set our path
They are our compass point

Heading into this New Year, my question for myself is simple
What do I value?  What drives my best actions

My second question is also simple
What am I going to do today to live toward my values?
What am I going to do that will take me further along
My values path?

I’ll work on that

Right after I take happy dog for his walk

No comments:

Post a Comment