Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, January 21, 2018

Praise

“Praise, my dear one.
Let us disappear into praising.
Nothing belongs to us.”
              Rainer Maria Rilke
________________________

I can spend my day
seeking affirmation

reaching out desperately
and trying to pull into the core of my being
something
that makes me feel good about myself

striving
boasting
“hey look at me”

And at the end of the day
I will count my “winnings”
and find that they are
not enough

or I can spend my day praising
the mountain
the trees
the person in front me my
my child
my spouse
my friend

I can lose myself in praise of others
And in that praising
Need will disappear
And love will grow

Self will be lessened
But communion will grown
And I will be lost
In
Love



No comments:

Post a Comment