Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, July 21, 2019

May it stop


Sitting at my desk
The detritus of my day scattered around me
Tasks undone
Books unread

My mind is distracted
and my soul twisted

the news of the day has once again
torn the fabric of my soul

once again I have plumbed he depths
of my own inability to connect

I have gone through the motions
Quite sincerely
I have listened and encouraged

but have felt more like an observer
that a participant in the dance of life

and now nerve pain streaks across my shoulder
nerve fibers screaming their discontent

and pain begets pain begets pain
and soon my body sags
everything hurts
and what doesn’t hurt doesn’t work

and my bully braining, seizing the opportunity begins to tell me
that it is all meaningless
and that this is the sum of life

this emptiness and dissatisfaction
this anger and outrage
this despair

and there seems like nothing to do
but breathe into this pain
and let it flow
down, down, down
through my fingertips
onto the keys of my computer

and on to this page

and I as look at these words
and feel diminished by them
(I should do better than this)

I breathe
And breathe again
And mutter under my breath
To that which is intimate and immanent

Bargaining
Complaining
Hoping

Just wanting it all to stop
All the pain
The pain of the children at the border
And that of LBGTQI people who are told by so called people of God
That they deserve to die

The pain of women raped
Abandoned
beaten
Forced to give birth

The of those with cancer
And mental illness

The pain of those who have lost someone they love to death
The pain of those bullied

And my little inconveniences too


No comments:

Post a Comment