Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, September 16, 2019

All the little things


“Enjoy the little things in life because one day you`ll look back and realize they were the big things.”
                                                              Kurt Vonnegut
________________________________________

All the little things
That make up a life

We like to think sometimes
We are defined by our careers
Our “big” accomplishments

That what matters are our degrees
Our titles
Our power
Our wealth

We are so convinced at times
that we will sacrifice time, and energy
and perhaps even love

to pursue those things, as so convince ourselves
and perhaps those around us too

that we have worth
value

I have done a lot of things
I have had multiple careers
I have successful, for the most part, in all of them
I have had the “titles”
I have the degrees

I have traveled the world
Touching down in 70 plus countries
And I have done things what were meaningful
Interesting

And yet
None of those things
Will be
In the end
The “big things”

Instead it will be
A day on the mountain
A morning walk with the dog
Sunrise on a winter’s morning
Laughter echoing across a full table
A hug from a friend at church
An Americano from Red Horse
A trip to see the kids
Playing Lego with my grandson
Cornhole on the front lawn
Finding Disney bling for my granddaughter
Shu the cat’s morning nap on my keyboard

In the midst of all the busyness of life
And the search for success
In the middle of all the stress,
As the world divides and unravels around us

It will be the small things that we will carry with us
Into whatever
is Next



No comments:

Post a Comment