Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, September 23, 2019

Challenge of the day


“The greatest challenge of the day is: how to bring about a revolution of the heart, a revolution which has to start with each one of us?”
                                                              Dorothy Day
__________________________________________________________

The challenge of the day!
To solve all the ills of the world?
To fix that person who is making me miserable?
To get my Stated Clerks to-do list completed? (its long)
To actually stick to my low sugar diet?
To get my sermon started?
To prepare for pain school?
To get in 10,000 steps?

No!

The challenge of the day is to make that mindful journey inward
To that place at the center of who I am
To that place where the Sacred lurks
To that place which truly defines me

The challenge of the day is to connect
With the Sacred
With my created to be self

The challenge of the day is intimacy
With all that is Sacred within me
With that self that is true and authentic

The challenge of the day is to be re-created

As Paul put it in Romans (12)
“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.”

The challenge of the day is to start a revolution!
To be so changed by the Love that underlies all
That I respond differently to what I encounter the rest of this day

Respond differently to those people I encounter

For if I respond differently, they will respond (I believe, I hope)
Differently

And even if they don’t
I will have broken the pattern of anger, violence, retribution, alienation

If we are called to be anything by the Sacred
We are called to be reconcilers
We are called to help people get in touch with Sacred
In touch with themselves
In touch with one another

By my response to what comes my way
To who comes my way

I can create change
Even if only a tiny bit

And that is a start

No comments:

Post a Comment