Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, February 27, 2020

an invincible love


My dear, in the midst of hate, I found there was, within me, an invincible love.
In the midst of tears, I found there was, within me, an invincible smile.
In the midst of chaos, I found there was, within me, an invincible calm.
I realized, through it all, that…
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
And that makes me happy.
For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me,
there’s something stronger- something better, pushing right back.
                                                             Albert Camus
__________________________________________________________

my dears
it is a dreary time
up is down
down is up
good is bad
bad is good
truth is called a lie
and lies are presented as truth

Those who would divide us
and make us hate
and be afraid
clamor and rail

stirring the pot of enmity
until the world swirls with
confusion and fear

and friendships are sundered
and faith is shattered
and hearts are broken
and souls are shriveled

and people gather fearfully
into tribes
protective and hostile
red tribes
blue tribes
abysmal tribes

and the world fragmented
becomes a horror show

it seems at times as if we
are doomed to be crushed
by the weight of it all

our fragile beings
imploded by the pressure
of abused power

by the sheer number of lies
by the horrible atrocity of abused power
by the greed
and racism

that seeks and destroys
the vulnerable

and yet
we are called to remember
remember
remember

that we are Sacred Children
that we are Spirit carriers
that we are not empty fragile shells

but people filled with all that is good
and powerful
and loving in this world

we are not helpless
it is not hopeless

as long as we live from within
find out power, within

the moment we seek the answer outside ourselves
in a leader
a party
a lover
in money, or power
in an ideology
or even a religion

we are in jeopardy
for the answer is not in those things

the answer is in our hearts, our souls
given to the Sacred
open to the Sacred
powered by the Sacred
by wind and fire

ah yes, the truth is in there
and no matter how hard the world pushes against us
within us there’s something stronger-
something better, pushing right back


No comments:

Post a Comment