Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, December 17, 2015

Grace, and more grace

“I do not understand the mystery of grace -- only that it meets us where we are and does not leave us where it found us.”
― Anne Lamott
_______________________________________

here I stand
for better or for worse

64 (and a half) years grey
a little pudgy (these days)

my once hyper mind is slowing down
and sometimes feels like it needs
jumper cables to get it started

multi-tasking is becoming mythology

and I can no longer run on 5 hours of sleep a night

but that is not the worst part

I have made amazing
almost mythical mistakes
that over the years
have cost me dearly
and at times my errors haunt me

my insecurities have caused me to put on
a veneer which looks way too much like arrogance
or at the very least indifference

I have little ability to relax and
just
be
me
and at times I am needy, greedy,
and am just downright, unlikeable

I do not feel
like a beloved child of God
a precious soul

at all, at all

I am tired
somewhat isolated
and frankly
I am not sure I do anything well any more

I think of myself as disposable
sub-human
deficit

and it is in this place
that the Sacred meets me
and gives me a Holy Hug

and says
let’s start again
now

its you and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment