Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hope wins

“May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.”
― Nelson Mandela
___________________________________________

what does my life show?
I suspect I will not always like the answer

as I rant on FaceBook
and seek to impress, instead of seeking to encourage

as I fall fearfully
into anger
and cynicism

I see all too clearly
fear and insecurity oozing from my pores

and yet
I have my moments
when I sense

that the Divine has touched the earth
in a baby in straw
yes
but so too
in the sun on the mountain
and in
Sacred Presence in my soul

and I hope
for love, joy, and peace

then I see the world with new eyes

then I feel compassion
for myself and others

then I respond, and give
and forgive

then hope wins

No comments:

Post a Comment