Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Burdens We Carry

It was a dark and stormy night
no, not outside
Outside it was beautiful
and still
star filled

But inside
the stormed brewed
If only I had
If only I hadn't
Why didn't I?
Why did I?

The tapes were rolling through my head
all those regrets
all those hurts
it was all there

kodachrome

I hadn't realized how much I am carrying forward
how much past I am
bringing into my present

they are stacked on my back
those acts I regret
those people I have not forgiven
those hurts I have not released
until I am bent beneath the weight

It is time to say
this stops here

It is time to put it all down
take one last look
and walk away

No comments:

Post a Comment