Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, September 14, 2012

The gentle art of doing nothing

Oh, i need to make that call
Ooops, I forget to send that email
Darn, I told her I would call
and him I would visit

my head is full of conscious thoughts
pulsating 
dominating
 
my head is so full
so noisy
it is as if 75 TVs are on
all on different channels
 
I can barely hear myself speak
in fact
those deep things
those important things lurking in my unconcious
 
those thoughts that drive and define me
rarely rise
into the light
where my minds eye can see them
 
An ancient adage says
when muddy water is allowed to become still, it becomes clear
when it becomes clear it reflects its depth
 
perhaps I need to learn
the gentle art of doing nothing
perhaps in the stillness
things will be clear
 
perhaps I will recover, come back to some deep things
things I once dimly and unknowingly had
and lost
without knowing what it was 
or  where 
or when
I lost it



No comments:

Post a Comment