Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Who inside have I neglected?

The Bible says.....
sometimes I hate that phrase...

The Bible says a lot of things
Some of them make me feel inadquate
Some make be feel like I am not enough
bad
judged
sinful

Ah yes!  Sin
Sinner

Some of them give me hope
"what love God has given, that we should be called the Children of God,
AND WE ARE!"

Some inspire me
lift me up!

The problem is that I am
not one 
but many

There are many versions of Stephen Paul Kliewer
or at least many parts!

and some of those parts
those persons
 
I don't like
i would rather banish them
and not allow them to participate
in my life
 
But there they are
Try as I might I can't deny them
The lost me
the lonely me
The hurting me
the sinful me
The hopeful me
the caring me
The giving me
The distracted unfocused me
 
my cast of characters
I am not sure if it is a comedy
a tragedy
or an action movie
 
Maybe all of the above
I just know that I need to pay attention
to this cast of characters
who have a way of their own
 
and when I have those moments of struggle
I need to look inside
at whom i have neglected
at who inside me is hurting, and crying
 
I need to love
and forgive
and care for 
that part of me
 
and in that caring
that loving
that forgiving
 
find healing 
and peace
 

No comments:

Post a Comment