Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, February 17, 2014

"HEY GOD! Look at me !"

A Kentucky pastor who starred in a reality show about snake-handling in church has died -- of a snakebite.
                                                                                CNN

_____________________________________________

Oh Sacred One
how do I love thee!

Let me show the ways
Really

I must do something
I must prove my love

I must handle snakes
I must legislate morality
I must “hate the sin” while of course loving the sinner
I must be a good person
I must behave in ways so the world rejects me
(ok, so it makes me judgmental and objectionable, it’s for a good cause)

and then, maybe, maybe

I will earn your love

________________________________

what do you not get about “agape love”
stop embarrassing me
really
                                Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment