Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, February 15, 2014

When life is an insult

Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.
    G. K. Chesterton
________________________________________

a life that is too full
is an insult to both the life
and the author of life

really

this is a lesson learned the hard way
by those of us
who only learn the hard way

this week I saw clients
went to meetings
worked on plans and grants

drove and drove
and drove and drove

participated in strategic planning meetings
went to Costco
dodged landslides
shopped for Valentines

dealt with crises
fed the animals

drove some more
wrote a sermon
put together a commissioning for a Presbytery meeting
wrote a blog

and at the end
I am tired
and two very special relationships

my relationship with the Sacred
and my relationship with my self
have been sorely neglected

which is of course
why I am tired
corrective action is needed
time alone
to pet the cat, who even now is hovering
to read
to think
to walk
to breath
to go deep
and say “hello” to the Sacred One

who is patiently waiting within

corrective action is needed

right after I drive some more
and go to Presbytery,
and return home
and finish my sermon
and lead worship tomorrow
and….

Oh hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment