Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, August 23, 2014

Communicating the Sacred

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
George Bernard Shaw
___________________________

Communication
we are told that 7% of what we communicate
comes from what we say
another 38% from how we say it
ah yes
that “tone of voice” we use
which says so much

and

we are told that 55% of what we communicate comes through what we do
it’s a matter of actions
and body language

in our best moments our words, our tone
which is really a matter of attitude
and our actions all line up

congruence

“I really do care about the poor”
is combined with an attitude of compassion and acceptance
and with action
with generosity, and caring

which is another way of saying
that what counts is “presence”

are we present, really present
for other people
for the poor, the hurting, the entrapped?

I have tried hard
my whole life
to be a person who helps others

after all it’s a Kliewer tradition!

and I have had varied success
not because I have tried
but because I have tried too hard

I have made my value, my impact
about me
about what I do
about my effort

what I am learning
is that the only way I can be a positive influence
is to
RELAX

a rushed, busy, worried, preoccupied self
will not communicate love and compassion
even when that love and compassion are present

It is when I relax
and quit striving, quit thinking, quit worrying so much
and just let myself be awake to the presence of the Sacred
to The Presence

and allow myself just to be present
to myself

that I can be present
for others

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment