Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, August 8, 2014

I am Here!

The work of spirituality, which makes presence possible, is keeping the heart space open (which is the work of love), keeping the mind space in a “right mind” (which is the work of contemplation), and keeping the body living inside this very moment (which is often the work of healing). Those who can keep all three open at the same time will know The Presence. That’s the only prerequisite. Present people will know the Presence. Adsum we said in Latin, “I am here!”
__________________________

oh the distractions
talks to prepare
music to find
emails to answer
chores to do

oh the distractions
smoke filled air
smartphone buzzing

in all of this
one thing is all too often true

I am not present
not in the moment
not to myself
not to the person in front of me
and

above all

not to the sacred

help me this day
to stop
to look at the sky
to breathe

and to say
to whatever
Whoever is out there

I am here!

1 comment: