Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, August 15, 2014

On saying, YES

The soul defines itself by expansion and inclusion—not by saying “no,” but by offering a kind of courageous, risky “yes”: “Yes, I am like everybody else, capable of the same good and the same bad. They are all my brothers and sisters.” The soul knows that we are all equally naked underneath our clothes. Can you feel the scariness in that? When you allow the face of the other, the opinion of the other, the worldview of the other, to break through your barriers and boundaries, there is always a bit of fear, as in the first moments of nakedness or intimacy.
                                Richard Rohr
_____________________________

That person Lord scares me
they are too much
I am not enough

No
No I will not be open
No I will not reveal
I will remain safe

That idea, Lord, scares me
It is new
It is different
It is not comfortable
I do not want to let it in

No
No
And again, No

That task lord terrifies me
I have never done such a thing before
Will I succeed?
Will I be revealed as a fool?

No

So I go
So we go through life

How many times a day do we say “No”
our real self
the naked now
cowering hidden behind our practiced protections

help us to say “yes” Lord
help us to be open
to the new
the different
the other

help us to be open
to
YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment