Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Mirror of the Soul

When you meet anyone
remember it is a holy encounter.
As you see the other you will see yourself.
As you treat the other you will treat yourself.
As you think of the other you will think of yourself.
Never forget this,
for in the other you will find yourself or lose yourself.
`````````````````````````````````````````Gifts from a Course in Miracles,  Vaughn & Walsh Eds.
______________________________

we see the world through lenses of our own making
lenses which sometimes bring clarity
more frequently bring distortion
but always determine how we interpret the world around us
how we see the people around us
how we feel
and how we act

how we think
about ourselves
even about God
is often reflected back in how we see others

if I see another as “sinful and lost”
it is most likely that my righteous stance
merely masks a deep insecurity about my own relationship with the sacred!

If I see hate all around me
It is likely that my own soul is torn asunder by hate

If others are fearsome and threatening
It is likely that I am fearful

But

if I see those around me
as children of the Sacred
loveable
and loved by the sacred

then it is likely that this is how I see myself

and us and them becomes we
and life changes.

sometimes the best way to look inside
at the inner workings of our own soul
is to pay attention
to how we look outward

when I can see the beauty in another
and rejoice in the sunset or sunrise
when I can be dominated by compassion
and rejoice in the people around me

then I can be pretty certain
that it is well
with my
soul

No comments:

Post a Comment