Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, March 20, 2016

Bearing the Eternal Mystery

It is so hard to believe that this imperfect, insignificant creature that I am could somehow bear the eternal mystery. God can only grow bigger as we grow smaller, as John the Baptist put it (John 3:30). If we try to grow bigger by any criteria except divine mercy itself we only grow in love with our own image in a self-created mirror. That is normally called narcissism.
                                                                                                                   Richard Rohr,  Daily Blog 3/18/16
_________________________________________________

we bear the eternal mystery
sometimes it burns with in our souls
fiery and hot
sometimes it gently sooths
and sometimes the flame almost disappears

but always it is there

and it will take up as much space
as the ego will give it

when I am full of myself, there is little room for the mystery
when I am broken open

by failure or pain
by loneliness or anger

I am often left empty

what a blessing
for then the mystery flows

and Sacred Presence looms large
in my soul

and I am
changed
I am
a new creation

No comments:

Post a Comment