Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, March 4, 2016

I see you

“I am here to be seen”
“I see you”

“I too am here to be seen”
“And I see you”
             
(A greeting based on the Zulu greeting Sawubona –from The Little Book on Meaning, Fortgang p. 93)
________________________________________________

Everybody longs to be seen
really seen

not judged
not labeled based on externals
(that have little to do with who they really are)
not put into categories, nice an neat
or rated

but really seen
physically, yes,
but also heart and mind and soul

seen for who we really are,
beloved child of God

for who we are,
person with a mission

for who we are
in the deepest place where the space between the Sacred
and us, gets thinner and thinner,
and ultimately disappears

this day may I see those the Sacred puts in my path
may I see
and be seen

No comments:

Post a Comment