Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, February 3, 2019

delicious ambiguity


“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
Delicious Ambiguity.”
 Gilda Radner
________________________________________


I don’t know what is going to happen next
I can’t control what will happen next

Oh, I am not powerless
I can work toward the things I value
I can make choices (and hope they are the right ones)

But seriously
My entire life has been one detour after another
I started out headed one place (being a doctor)
Change my course 4 times before I got out of college
Ended up in a career, that I thought would be “the” career

It wasn’t

Started again
And again
And again

And I am thankful
Not for the pain I experienced along the way
Or the moments of sheer terror
Or the uncertainty

But for the fact that for every ending there was a beginning
And for the fact that when some doors closed
Others opened

I am thankful
For lessons learned
Skills gained

For the fact that I could leave
Difficult things, and mistakes, behind me
That I could carry things learned
And new growth
With me

I did not do some of the things I dreamed of doing
But I did things I never dreamed of

And I have learned one primary thing
Just keep walking
Left foot, right foot, left foot, breathe!

Just keep moving
Searching
Trying
Learning

And life will unfold
It may not unfold the way you think it should
It may not be what you think it should be

But it will be
And there are surprises along the way
And amazing gifts

So take the moment
Make the best of it
Accept that you may not, probably will not understand
Live with the uncertainty

But live

No comments:

Post a Comment