Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, February 22, 2019

May I hear the laughter of God


Like the joy of the sea coming home to shore,
May the relief of laughter rinse through your soul.

As the wind loves to call things to dance,
May your gravity by lightened by grace.

Like the dignity of moonlight restoring the earth,
May your thoughts incline with reverence and respect.

As water takes whatever shape it is in,
So free may you be about who you become.

As silence smiles on the other side of what's said,
May your sense of irony bring perspective.

As time remains free of all that it frames,
May your mind stay clear of all it names.

May your prayer of listening deepen enough
to hear in the depths the laughter of god.”
― John O'Donohue, To Bless the Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings
______________________________

I am *%$#ing out of balance
Maybe its Trump
Or aging
Or being surprised by people misinterpreting me
Whom I thought knew me

Maybe it is injustice
Or inequity

Or border walls
Or lying Presidents
Or States of Emergency

It could be a lot of things

But this I know
I am out of balance
Up is down
Down is up
Good is evil
Evil is good

Shit!

But then
There are those beatitudes

Which suggest this is the way it is
 “Blessed are you who are poor,     for yours is the kingdom of God.
  Blessed are you who hunger now,     for you will be satisfied.
  Blessed are you who weep now,    for you will laugh.
  Blessed are you when people hate you,     when they exclude you and    
      insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.

“Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.
“But woe to you who are rich,     for you have already received your comfort.
  Woe to you who are well fed now,  for you will go hungry.
  Woe to you who laugh now,  for you will mourn and weep.
  Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you,   for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

Oh

I get it
All this external stuff
Is external stuff

What matters is the Sacred
What matters is Presence
What matters is how I respond
How I live
How I love

May I breathe deep
May I seek the depths
May I feel the presence
May I hear the laughter of God

No comments:

Post a Comment