Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, February 26, 2019

suffering


Suffering equals the gap between what we have, and what we want.
Christopher Germer
__________________________________

There it is
That precious glittering treasure
that I so desire

it is there!
just out of reach
its rich colors glittering in the sunlight
taunting me

its brilliance mocking me
making me miserable
until my entire body
hums
with the power of my want

I strive
stretching myself
planning and working
my hours
my days
my weeks
are consumed

my body is worn and bent
and still
I yearn

for such silly things, really
money, power
acclaim
a sense that I, I have been
“important”
“necessary”

I strive
failing to see
that in my clenched fist
the one so curled and twisted
 by the immensity of my want
there rests

glittering precious treasures

waiting for me to stop
breathe
breathe again

open my hand
and let them be

love
peace
forgiveness
acceptance
grace

God

good gifts
the gifts of Sacred Presence
The gifts of the One who is love

I will probably always have things that I want
but I have what I need
all this love.


No comments:

Post a Comment