Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, June 7, 2013

Life Happens

The mountain shone
Stark white on brilliant blue
Soaring into the sky, a beacon on the horizon
Guiding me ever
Further north
I gazed in wonder
And for a moment
A beautiful moment knew
Where I was headed
And perchance
For a moment
If only for a moment
Felt settled within myself
At peace
And then the clouds came in
Almost without warning
The sky was grey
Violent
And the mountain was gone
And I was left in the encroaching mist
To try to work my way forward again
Sometimes that is how life feels
O God
I think I know where I am going, then my clarity is gone
I think I know who I am, but that slips away
I find myself tangled and confused
Questioning
Doing and being what I don’t want to be
Tangled up
Thank you God for the moments of clarity
When once again I can grab hold of
Your direction
Your vision
For this wayward child

No comments:

Post a Comment