Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, June 27, 2013

the REAL Game of Thrones

I learned it as a child
That prayer so many pray
No, not “now I lay me down to sleep”
Although that too was daily staple
For my young spirit
Which delighted in things known
And familiar


“Thy Kingdom Come”
Really?
Is that what I meant to say?
I am not too sure Lord!


Your Kingdom is kind of scary
I mean with horsemen, and trumpets
And all that dark and violent
Kind of like Game of Thrones on steroids!


One thing I am sure of
If I have to earn my way into your kingdom
I am royally screwed


You love me,
And I love you God
And I know I have the responsibility to respond to your love
Love is a responsible thing
It means I do something
And I avoid others….


But Lord all too often I do the wrong things
And I don’t do the right things
Its almost like there are demons Lord
And they haunt me
They drive me
And so, mixed up, confused
And all too often in messes of my own making
I think of the Kingdom
And it seems
So far away


A place I will never find
A home I will never know


And yet, oh Lord
You are patient
You love me (and there is nothing I can do about that)
And you never give up on me
Never


And you use it all
My success, my strength
But also my failure and my hurt
My fear and my grief
To open my heart to you, and your power, and the Kingdom

Thank you
that It is in those moments when I feel I don't belong
and can't fit in
and are no longer worthy of being included
that the kingdom is near  (thanks to Thomas Moore)

No comments:

Post a Comment