Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Only a change of heart will do

The question, “What do you want?”
must be answered.
You are answering it every minute
and every second…
                                Gifts from a Course in Miracles, Vaughn & Walsh, Eds
______________________________

what do I want?
I can speak with my lips
and proclaim many things

that I want peace
that I want love to win
that I want to be a person who serves the Sacred

but it is each moment of the day
which proclaims my heart’s desire

what I eat
how I speak to those I meet
how I expend my energy
where I choose to put my focus
where I spend my money

each choice is a statement
which emerges unbidden from the depths of my soul

I can try to shape my behavior
but it will do no good

if I want
to change my desires
change my words
change how I am
who I am
in this world

only a change of heart will do

_____________________________

And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.  Ezekiel 36:26

1 comment: