Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, September 5, 2014

Salvation is undoing


Salvation is undoing
                Gifts from a Course in Miracles  (Vaughn & Walsh, Eds.)
_______________________

they lie on the page
like snakes
coiled and ready to strike

words that hint
nay
declare my greatest fears
that I am indeed deficit
at least in the eyes of one
in the eyes of some whose opinion counts

they lay in my head
words that remind me of things I don’t admire
about my self

events creep into memory
of which I am ashamed

there too
are remembrances of wrongs done,
not by me, but to me

there too
sneaking out of my subconscious
into the daylight of my thoughts
are a plethora
of fears and hopes
joys and sorrows

there too is
expectation and despair

ah!
can I be saved from all of this?

salvation is indeed undoing
it is an emptying
a letting go
of all that holds and binds
good or bad

it is forgiving myself and others
and placing the burden of pain for what has been
and the burden of fear for what will be
down

and walking away
free

free to learn of the Sacred
to learn of the Sacred anew

to learn of myself
to learn of myself anew

salvation is
undoing

No comments:

Post a Comment