Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, May 23, 2016

In the Silence

most people are perfectly afraid of silence”
― E.E. Cummings
____________________________________

in the almost darkness of early evening
the world still

I stand in the vastness of everything
in the shadow of the mountain

there is nothing
just me

and everything
a star, just one
shinning
the mountain ghostly in the dusk
and the sky who goes on
and on forever
into eternity

in the silence
there is no escape from me

thoughts wanted and unwanted race
feelings flow
a restless flood, unbridled

and I must stand and face myself
no reprieve

it is not for the faint of heart
this silence
no wonder we fear it
and flee it

but in the silence
something is found

the subject tonight is
love

which comes
gently
not a shallow love
of that self that is not self

but a love big enough
to embrace all that I am
good, bad, and indifferent

and so in the silence
my soul opens to
the divine dance

and I smile,
and hear the silence broken
by the laughter of coyotes
on the wind

No comments:

Post a Comment