Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, October 18, 2012

Constantly Renewed

The fog lies heavy
hugging the ground
and leaving the world obscure
 
there is movement
ghost like among the trees
does tiptoeing thru the gray
tentative and alert
 
I walk gently
one step at a time
focusing on the ground beneath my feet
that small piece of reality 
that i can see clearly
 
I must walk gently
through each day
one step at a time
focusing on that moment in which i now live
 
too often I walk
glancing back
peering ahead 
into the fog of life
tripping over the reality that 
is this moment
in which I stand
 
it is this moment
which is the only reality 
I really have
 
it is in this moment alone
in this constantly renewed immediacy
that I can be true
to my own deep reality
 
__________________________________________________________________
 
In silence we face and admit the gap between the depth of our being, which we consistently ignore,
and the surface, which is untrue to our own reality (Thomas Merton) 

1 comment:

  1. God's name means I am, not I was or I will be that is why He wants us to live in the Present that is where He can be found.

    ReplyDelete