Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, October 6, 2012

Its all mixed up

I have never been a fan of casserols
or of salads for the matter

I like my food to stand on its own
As a child i would make sure the elements
were spread across my plate
orderly
and apart

Wow! wait, that egg is touching my bacon!!!
MOM!

It just all seem more tasty
all neat and clean like that

I've never much liked how my feelings
tricky creatures that they are
are so undomesticated and mixed

they are like a badly designed casserol
a little of this, a little of that
all mixed together

A touch of love here, a bit of anger over there
mix in some fear, perhaps a little sadness and guilt
oooh
then garnish the top with some gratitude
or even joy

and that's how I feel about one situation
one person
one event

my mind is littered with feelings
its like a table of leftovers at a church potluck

I wish it were simpler
That my feelings about that person could be all love
nothing else mixed in

that my emotions about that situation could be 
crisp and clearn

that I could neatly order my mind

but its never simple
or so it seems
so it must be time to learn to cope
with all that stuff wandering around in my head
with all the ambivalence and confusion

Tupperware anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment