Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, October 4, 2012

Heart Talk, Speaking like Music

"I wish I could speak like music.  
 I wish
 I could put the swaying splendor for fields into words
 so that you could hold Truth against your body
 and dance."     Hafiz

I wish I could speak
Oh, I speak a lot
To clients
Groups
To my church

I throw words out there
that are often clever
sometimes profound
even eloquent
or so I am told

But sometimes it is clear
that words are not enough
That somehow with the words
must come
essence
(for lack of a better word)

Words must have companions
One's being
One's self
One's energy
One's heart and soul
must journey with them

It is when my words
are woven into the fabric of who I am
that they begin to sing
to be
music

that stirs the heart and soul of others
that touches them
with truth
reality

and stirs in their soul
the faint whisperings of the divine
and binds my soul, my heart to theirs

Too often my words are just words
and bounce impotently around 
in the air
and return defeated and empty

Grant me God
the grace
the depth
the fullness
from which to speak like music


No comments:

Post a Comment